Thursday, November 4, 2010

Election Results

My predictions weren't too bad. I said the GOP would get 53-66 seats; they are currently at 60, with the chance to get up to 65 or 66 on the races still to be determined.

In the senate, I predicted California and West Virginia were 25% propositions at best. The GOP lost both, so no surprise there.

The only two in which I put the odds of the GOP winning over 50% and lost, Colorado and Nevada, were both fairly close. Colorado being under 1% loss.

I predicted Colorado and Washington state would be the closest two races. Colorado, as mentioned above, ended under 1% and Washington still hasn't been decided yet. So that prediction was fairly accurate.

I thought the GOP would get around 8-9 governorships, I believe we got 10.

In all, the house, governorships, and state houses were the biggest shellacking the Dems took. The pickup of 6 senate seats was probably the floor for what the GOP was capable of.

Nonetheless, a great night overall for the GOP and our country!